Followers

Monday 21 April 2008

Shake my booty


"Well look at this folks. Just look at how splendidly my beautiful bottom has developed over the last year (just compare left to right) - have you ever seen anything finer? My human kept saying that my exercise routine would get results and I hate to admit it, but she was right. Now I can shake my fine old booty at all the girls and it just sends 'em wild."

That splendid bottom is the result of long lining primarily backed up with hacking and more recently some decent riding instruction. Who said you need to ride a horse to build them up? Yes, it's part of the mix, but consistent long lining without a rider to contend with is one of the best forms of exercise in my opinion (and I think Max's Mum would agree wholeheartedly with me) Oh and the physio agrees with me too.
Sammie is a whole lot better to ride now. Much more responsive and willing. I put that down to building a good relationship on the ground, getting him stronger without a rider and then finding an instructor who knows how to keep a horse relaxed but learning at the same time. She's got me into better shape as well.
So now Sammie has a bottom he can be rightly proud of and with his summer coat coming through, it's very shiny too!


No comments:

Contributors