Followers

Friday 5 December 2008

Stamp of approval

Sammie has been in a charming mood for the past couple of days and we had a great time long lining yesterday. I was walking him for a bit between trotting and I know that if I get within a certain distance of him he thinks it's Spanish Stamp time - don't ask me how this has happened, but it has. He caught me out yesterday but the great thing was that he stamped with both feet whilst still walking forward. He only did it on the right rein but I was so surprised that he'd remembered what we worked on well over two weeks ago now.

It still looks very funny but he seems to get some real pleasure out of it even though he does it with such force!

When we'd managed to stop going round in ever decreasing circles of stamping he did a much lighter canter on the right rein, so I reckon it must loosen things up a bit as well.

After that he long lined me back to the yard in the dark and he was foot perfect apart from the spooky bit where he thinks the electric in the fence might leap out and bite him on his fine backside.

No comments:

Contributors