Followers

Thursday 8 January 2009

Going for the gusto

I managed to long line Sammie today. The school wasn't too bad at all - sufficient for a bit of walk and trotting (plus a small unscheduled canter by the Soldier) Bless him, he was working so hard at his Spanish Stamp today. It seems I don't have to be in a special position anymore, he'll do it right out on the circle. He really had a good go at it in trot today as well and I do believe he's managed to improve it a little bit.

It sure is an odd movement, but he seems to enjoy giving it a go until it all gets a bit out of sync and he comes to a standstill. I know it's a strange thing to do but I just love the fact that he's offering this stuff up with gusto! When he decided canter might be a good idea, it was on his right rein and it was the best one I've seen him do on this rein for a long time.

It just seems that when he's done the stamping business I don't need any rein pressure at all, he just holds himself and dances his way around me and I just need to encourage him forward by lifting the inside rein. Wonderful stuff. We weren't in there for long because he did so well, so we both went back to the yard happy.

No comments:

Contributors