Followers

Sunday 15 February 2009

Starry, starry night...

Sammie was giving the Spanish Stomp Trot a really good go today. He tries so hard. I can virtually see his brain ticking over thinking, "I'll give it a go. I'll give it a go. Ooh ooh here I go!"

He really is getting the hang of it and doing more and more steps, and if I catch him when he is starting to lose it, I can push him out of it into a normal trot rather than grinding to a halt. This really is Sammie's thing and who am I to stop him?

It was just getting dark as we were finishing and as nobody else around I took all his kit off and let him have a roam and a roll. Then we just stood by the fence together gazing out into the distance, watching the stars and listening to the start of the nighttime noises.

He was such a good boy when I worked on his hind hooves afterwards. Very relaxed and paid attention when I let out the odd growl when he was being silly. They're still looking ok to me and I noticed that he's getting that calloused bit around the edge of the sole (before the sole starts dipping a bit. I'm thinking more and more about getting those fronts off - maybe around March/April time.

He's finally started to lose some of his furry coat as well that means we're going to be keeping the birds very happy soon with lots of soft stuff for their nests.

No comments:

Contributors