Followers

Thursday 28 February 2008

Just lazin' around




There used to be a time when Sammie didn’t find it very easy to relax and unwind, but over the last three or fours years he’s developed a great liking for it and it’s a lovely thing to see. Today when I went up to the field to collect him for a ride out in the sunshine he was lying there, soaking up the Springtime rays being watched over by his surrogate mother.

When I entered the field there was no sign that he had any intention of getting up and when I walked up to him he flopped his head down onto the grass and squinted at me out the corner of his eye.

“You wanna go somewhere huh? You got plans? Yeah well you’re lucky. I’ve just finished my snooze and if you hang on a minute…ooh, aah, oooh, there you go, I’m up an’ ready Ma’am. Quick shake, yep, I’m definitely ready.”

He still had his sleepy head on as we ambled back down to the yard together but he soon woke up when he found a juicy load of hay waiting for him. I just love the fact that he now feels safe and relaxed enough to take the weight off his feet, especially with one of the kindest mares you’ll ever meet watching over him.

No comments:

Contributors