Followers

Tuesday 26 August 2008

A bit tied up...

Sammie and I managed to go round in ever decreasing circles on yesterday. I thought it might be a good idea (for a change) to see if I could get him to move his hindquarters away from me on the long lines. So I put him on a small circle, asked him to walk on and then pointed at his bottom and said "Over". He partly got it at one stage but was very keen to show me his Spanish Stamp at the same time.

He was going round and round in ever decreasing circles doing his funny walk and occasionally moving his bottom over until he had managed to wrap the ends of the long lines around my legs and came to a grinding halt as he was effectively tied to me.

So instead of walk and one Spanish Stamp, he put his head right by me and Spanish Stamped at standstill. We got in a right old tangle and Sammie's face was a picture. It would have got very interesting if he'd decided to run off!

Poor Jack had to have stitches in his leg today (nasty cut) and they completely knocked him out for it. He came to the yard (but can't run around) and he looked pretty well out of it, poor boy - dazed and confused but still able to find a stick. He has to be kept from running around for 10 days. He's going to be a crazy dog by the end of that stretch!

Tomorrow we're going to try hacking out with Sam and Savannah. I thought it would make a nice change and I can always turn back if Sammie doesn't feel right. Doubting Thomas I know, but you know me. We'll take it easy and keep to good tracks and see how we go.

No comments:

Contributors