Followers

Thursday 26 June 2008

Waiting to exhale...

Today I decided to take his orangeness on a short tarmac walk - literally 5 mins and then up the back way to his field. We had to cross one or two gravelly bits but he didn't seem to put off by it and his attraction to the grass verges was all to do with his stomach rather than his feet as he proved to me once or twice. We took it slowly and worked our way back up to the field. We went through the 'back' entrance that's right up at the far end of the field - it makes a change and it's slightly longer walk on pretty good ground.

I turned him gently so I could shut the gate, gave him his treats, took off his headcollar and started to walk alongside him back to the normal entrance. He walked a few strides, turned to look at me and then took off at a speedy trot right down the length of the field. There I was taking it nice and easy and off he shoots like that! He looked nice and level and didn't do any ouchy steps from what I could see - not bad considering the ground is pretty hard at the moment.

I went to fetch his ginger field mates and he came over to greet them at a pretty pacey walk. We had a quick game of touching the headcollars for a clicks and treats (so obsessed Mother could watch him walk again) and then I left him to it.

Now I'm exhausted again, more down to worry than anything else I think.

No comments:

Contributors