Followers

Monday 15 September 2008

Leapin' Sammie

We went for our hack today and we ended up riding to the pub. It was such a lovely, warm day we couldn't resist and I think the horses were glad of the break and a few crisps. Sammie shifted his bottom, but it was the longest hack he's been on for a while so he was quite a tired boy by the time he got home. Didn't stop him wolfing down his dinner though.

And guess what? Sammie jumped a log! Only a small one and he was following another horse but he did it - twice!

I just threw the reins at him and I can't say I was brilliantly balanced, but I didn't want to jab him in the mouth or bounce on his back. He got a big cheer for that!

If he hadn't taken me to it I wouldn't have done it. He had every opportunity to run out (especially the second time as he knew what we were up to) but he just kept going.

I know it's only a very small step, but the fact that he didn't seem to give it a second thought is a big step forward in my book.

No comments:

Contributors