Followers

Wednesday 3 September 2008

Pole dancing

We rode in the jumping field again on Sunday. Boy, Sammie certainly shifts his backside in there! Not in a napping type of way, but just getting on with his stuff. I think I prefer riding out there than in the school.

We even popped over a pole again and he even did a little jump - not a scared, panicky type of jump; quite a launch but not with any fear - well I didn't feel anything anyway. It did take me a bit by surprise but I just made sure I threw the reins at him so I didn't accidentally jab him in the mouth.

Monday was his day off and yesterday we managed to fit in some long lining in the school. I was expecting him to be a bit grouchy because YM said they had all come in shivering after their naked night out in that horrible driving rain and wind.

Apparently they couldn't get into their stables quick enough. They were soaked and YM had to remove the water with a sweat scraper before she could put their and Thermatex rugs on. After breakfast they just fell asleep with Sammie hitting the deck first.

Anyway for that reason I was not expecting him to be particularly lively but he was and he did some lovely cantering as well. We only did 20 minutes but he did work quite hard.

Farrier is due on Monday so it'll be interesting to see what he thinks of Sammie's feet. They are growing like crazy but I think I'm managing to keep on top of the hinds. They're still chipping a bit here and there but I don't think we'll be through to full strength until the whole hoof has grown out.

No comments:

Contributors