Followers

Sunday 13 July 2008

Struttin' Sammie

Sammie is still offering it up, strutting around the school and doing his big bouncy trot. I keep wondering where on earth this trot has come from. I can really feel his legs lifting and going forward with a distinctive side to side movement as well. It's difficult to explain, but it's a sensation of power more than anything.

I think it all started when our RI showed me how to open him up down the long side of the school after taking it slow and balanced round the corners. So I'm guessing that those back feet can't be sore otherwise he just wouldn't want to be doing that at all. We had one reasonable canter on the right rein (our worst side) so we called it a day after that. When Sammie has his working head on, he's a whole different horse.

No comments:

Contributors