Followers

Tuesday 21 October 2008

A change is as good as a... Yikes!

I managed to ride Sammie in the school tonight. Not for long as I was pretty tired. We got to the point where we did a few decent canter transitions and then called it a day. Only about half an hour, but that was certainly enough for me! I think I'm a bit addicted to those canter transitions at the moment (who would have believed I'd ever say that?!) It's when we get to the point that all I have to do is sit back, squeeze the inside leg and up we go with hardly any pressure on the reins at all - in fact the reins go loose and because Sammie has gathered himself up if that makes sense.

I think Sammie is still feeling a bit edgy at the moment. I reckon it's the routine change (he's a man of habit), change of field and the blasted roofers working on the farmhouse nearby. Even the YM said that the neds are still jumping about with every bang and clatter and it's been almost a week now. Maybe it's because the men are up so high up. Oh, and they've got a huge yellow skip outside that could just gobble all the horses up in one go.

No comments:

Contributors