Followers

Sunday 5 October 2008

End of the night shift

Sammie is just fine (touch wood) His canter on the long lines is still coming on a real treat - even getting a bit better on the right rein now that I understand where I was going wrong. And I can really feel it transferring through to the ridden work. He did some lovely canter in the school yesterday when I was riding - couple of strides of trot, up into canter for a few strides, back down into trot, up into canter. He was a bit of a spook demon because we were down the monster end of the school as K was practicing her dressage test for today, but he did try to keep himself together - apart from one or two emergency "Yikes!!" stops!

We've decided that today is the day that we turn them round to come in at night. I don't think they're finding it at all pleasant now judging by their eagerness to come in in the morning! So they came in early this morning to dry off a bit and have their breakfast and then we turned them straight back out again so they'll come in for their first night tonight after piratically 24 hours out in the field. When I got there I couldn't see Sammie from the tea station and felt a mild panic coming over me until I heard a gentle snore and realised he was having his morning nap. He looked so cute with his legs all tucked up underneath him. YM and K are always taking photos of him like this on their phones when I'm not there and sending them to me because they think he looks all lovely and cuddly.

No comments:

Contributors